Posting Date: September 12, 2019
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Director, Finance and Accounting
The position requires an individual with strong knowledge of accounting systems, including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger. The position plays a key role in monthly close, general ledger reconciliation, and year end audits.
- Prepare accounts payable check requests and enter payables into the accounting software
- Maintain updated vendor contact and all W-9s
- Prepare 1099 tax forms
- Review and post accounts receivable entries and related cash receipts
- Prepare and make daily deposits with our remote desktop system, coding income to correct general ledger accounts and programs
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations including investments and follow-up with any outstanding reconciling items
- Reconcile and import monthly accounts receivables from several sources (PayPal, Square, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts for month end close
- Reconcile credit card statements to expense reports in Concur
- Reconcile receipts with Development
- Maintain in-kind donation files
- Work closely with various departments to support financial grant management
- Prepare monthly financial closing journal entries
- Assist in external audits
- Prepare monthly and requested financial statements in a timely and accurate manner for internal management and Board review.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance preferred or related work experience
- 3-5 years accounting experience - non-profit accounting preferred
- Familiar with accounting/finance software, Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective communications skills
- Works well under pressure
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Accounting Clerk" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.