Sports and Entertainment Senior Coordinator
Posting Date: July 16, 2018
Location: TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Deputy Director, Sports and Entertainment
This position will support the staff and work with families, sports teams/organizations, and entertainment partners on teams4taps and Stars4TAPS.
Essential Job Functions
- Support Sports and Entertainment management with national programs and special events
- Research and work to bring on new teams and entertainment partners
- Outreach to families and partners as assigned
- Interact with surviving family members, executives and sponsors in a professional and appropriate manner
- Assist with ticket distribution to TAPS survivors nationwide to sports and entertainment events across the country
- Assist with tracking in-kind donations.
- Track all events and checklists with managers and/or lead staff on event
- Maintain and track lists of survivors attending events and submit lists for database updates
- Assist with event timelines, trackers, and the creation of corresponding processes and procedures
- Daily support for Sports and Entertainment staff (travel, outreach, mailings, t-shirt orders and shipments)
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred)
- 2-5 years' experience within the sports or entertainment industry preferred
- Experience in community relations a plus
- Excellent phone communications a must
- Acute attention to detail in all facets of the job
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Ability to travel
- Personable, ability to interact with people
- Must be punctual and a team player
- Military background a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with "Sports and Entertainment Senior Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.