Social Media Coordinator
Posting Date: June 12, 2018
Location: This position is located at the TAPS Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
TAPS is looking for a full-time social media coordinator.
- Manage and grow the TAPS presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest and YouTube
- Create, curate, and manage new content
- Generate, write, edit, and publish content multiple times daily with a goal of driving traffic and engagement, building connections among TAPS audiences, representing TAPS appropriately, and raising awareness of the organization
- Create and follow an editorial calendar for social media
- Monitor comments on social media channels and respond appropriately on a daily basis
- Work with the TAPS Survivor Care Team to respond to survivor inquiries through social channels
- Propose and execute social media themes and special programs/campaigns
- Post in real time from TAPS events
- Monitor news and trends and proactively recommend ways for TAPS to be part of the conversation via social media
- Build a blogger outreach program and an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about TAPS
- Contribute to the TAPS blog
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to measure the impact of social media programs and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of content and campaigns in an effort to improve results
- Regularly provide insights gained from social media monitoring to the organization to help guide other departments’ activities
- Stay abreast of trends in social media tools and content and recommend ways to evolve TAPS’ social media strategy
- Train and coach internal staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Experience managing social media for an organization on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest and You Tube
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to use Google Analytics and other engagement measurement tools to drive content strategy;
- Superb writer and communicator
- Strong visual sense
- Ability to work quickly, meet tight deadlines, and respond to changing circumstances
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Knowledge of the military a plus
Commensurate with experience
TAPS provides a range of benefits and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with the job title and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.