Position is located at the TAPS National Headquarters in Arlington, VA
Posting Date: April 23, 2017
The Director, Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of TAPS fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with senior staff and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. The position involves researching, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects/donors, representing TAPS in a variety of settings both independently and with other staff and supporting key staff across all teams to interface effectively with donors and prospects.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about TAPS.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other development staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Strategic Planning
- Proposal Development and Execution
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Grant Writing and Targeting
- Event Planning
- Staff Management
- Donor Maintenance and Stewardship
- Social Media Marketing
- Five years of experience in a non-profit leadership position or similar fundraising experience
- Undergraduate degree; Advanced Degree preferred
- Experience in creating and implementing fundraising plans
- Personal or Professional Connection with U.S. military
- Familiarity with operational processes in nonprofits and legalities surrounding non-profit fundraising techniques
- Track record of effectively identifying, researching and prioritizing new major donor prospects.
Please send a resume and salary history to email@example.com along with the job title and your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to TAPS.
TAPS is an equal opportunity employer.